5 SIMPLE WAYS TO SCORE CHEAPER AIRFARE
- Everyone fantasizes about getting away for a while, traveling to a relaxing faraway destination. The only problem is, the astronomical cost of today's airfare often deters potential travellers from hopping on a plane and finally setting off
on their dream vacation.
- With these five tips on how to get the best bang for your buck when shopping for airline tickets, you might just be able to take that trip after all, and have more than moths left in your wallet after the bills are paid!
#1 Plan ahead
- As the flight date gets closer, airlines amp up their ticket prices in anticipation of procrastinators. Rather than purchasing tickets for a weekend getaway on Thursday, buying airfare several weeks ahead can save you tons.
#2 Be flexible
- Let the ticket price tags decide when you'll fly. Airfare varies widely depending on the day and time of the flight. Keep an eye out for flights late at night, early in the morning, or on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday, because those
days and time slots are usually the cheapest.
- If you can be very flexible, booking a standby flight can cut your airfare almost in half. If you're willing to wait it out, the slashed price is definitely worth it. However, only opt for this if you're flying off-season, because high season
means overbooked flights and almost no spare seats.
- If you're someone who doesn't mind conducting mini interrogations in order to sniff out a deal, call up the airline before you book your flight. Peppering the airline representative with questions on student, senior, military, and other
discounts can sometimes earn you major price cuts.
#5 Be tech-savvy
- Sometimes airlines will run special deals available exclusively online. If you've got a computer and internet access, buying online makes booking flights more convenient and can possibly save you big bucks.
By following these tips, you'll increase your chances of scoring a discounted flight rate leaving you with extra money to enjoy your trip with.