ADVANTAGES OF SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEBSITES FOR BUSINESS
Benefits of social media are:
- #1 Better understanding of customers perceptions of their brand.
- #2 Increased awareness of the organization.
- #3 Increased traffic to website of the organization.
- #4 Greater favorable perceptions.
- #5 Able to monitor conversations about the organization.
- #6 Able develop targeted marketing activities.
- 80% of people prefer to get coupons, promos, and discounts from brands in social media.
- 43% of all online consumers are social media fans or followers.
- 20% of Facebook users have purchased something because of ads or comments they saw there.
- 85% of Internet users have Facebook accounts.
- 49% of Internet users have Twitter accounts.
- 42% of people have mentioned a brand in a Facebook status update.
- 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy brands that they follow.
Benefits to having a website:
- Cost-effective advertising: Websites offer a low cost advertising solution compared to traditional media.
- Analysis of customer behavior: Internet analytics enable businesses to log and track everyone who visits their websites.
- Round-the-clock availability: Operating a website enables a business to be available to new and current customers 24 hours per day.
- Customer feedback: Websites allow customers to interact with companies and provide feedback on their experience.
- Niche markets: The relatively low cost of running a website allows small and medium-sized businesses to cater for niche markets.
- Business profile: Doing business online levels the playing field for small and medium-sized companies.
Reasons given for not having a business website
- Business currently does not need one - 41%.
- Cost - 19%.
- Lack of time - 16%.
- Other - 10%.
- Too complex - 9%.
- Business will never need one - 4%.
- Not sure - 1%.
Brought to you by: BestWebHostingGeek.com.