Applied Sciences NYC: Investing In Innovation For A Stronger Economy
For centuries, American innovation and technology have helped to reinvent and reinvigorate our economy and improve the way we live. Applied Sciences NYC seeks to again reinvigorate New York City's economy by spurring innovation,
attracting investments and creating jobs. The benefits of the Applied Sciences NYC initiative for New York City and New Yorkers will be substantial and dramatic, generating $6 billion in economic activity over the coming decades.
Applied science → startups
- Just how can applied sciences lead to new jobs and reinvigorated economy?
- Research in applied sciences is conducted in an academic setting. The talent pipeline is boosted by training students and further attracting science, engineering and tech talent to the City.
- This spins out research and development that can be commercialized. This is then fueled by funding from angel investors and VC firms.
- The result is a strengthened entrepreneurial and startup ecosystem in New York City.
- If companies founded by graduates of MIT were an independent nation, it would have the 17th largest economy in the world.
- More than $1 billion in private capital investment on site with nearly 8.000 construction jobs.
- And hundreds of other employment opportunities in diverse fields: 1) Building workers; 2) Faculty & researchers; 3) Education administrators; 4) Accountant & auditors.
- This endeavour is estimated to produce more than 400 new companies and 22.000 well paying jobs. Many within 5 miles of the site.
NYCEDC - www.nycedc.com | Learn more at - nycedc.com/AppliedSciencesNYC; Facebook: /AppSciNYC; Twitter: /AppSciNYC.