Are Online Reviews Killing Your Business?
- 50% of U.S. consumers are more likely to use a local business after reading positive online reviews.
- 64% of consumers search for online reviews before making purchase decisions.
- 85% of consumers more likely to purchase products/services when they can find recommendations online.
- Reviews matter: 87% of consumers say positive reviews online have reinforced their decision to purchase a product or service recommended to them; 80% of consumers say negative reviews online have made them
change their mind about purchasing a product or service recommended to them.
- Tips on how to avoid bad reviews: 1) Follow up with customers immediately after the sale; 2) Make complaining easy: train your staff to avoid being defensive, receive the complaint, and solve the issue immediately; 3)
Make a complaint form very obvious on your site; 4) Follow up quickly and try to resolve the complaint; 5) Respond to negative reviews online; 6) Never fake reviews or enter them on behalf of your clients; 7)
Communicate with your local competitors. Being on good terms with them will decrease your chances of getting a negative spam review.
- Most important sites for local SEO: 1) Yelp; 2) Google Places; 3) Citysearch; 4) Yahoo Local.
- What to rank #1? #1 listing Google Places has an average of 33 reviews; #2 Page 1 listings in Google Places have an average of 26 reviews.
- Which ranking positions have the most local reviews? 25% of the time; 17.2%; 16.6%; 12.4%; 9.7%; 10.1%; 9%.
- Yelp vs. CitySearch: 1) 20 million reviews (Yelp), 3.4 million reviews (CitySearch); 2) 53 million monthly unique users (Yelp), 15.5 million monthly unique users (CitySearch)
Yelp | Google Places | CitySearch | Yahoo Local.
Designed by Killer Infographic for 540 | SEO. Search Engine Experts.
Sources: Cone: 2011 Online Influencer Trend Tracker; http://www.brightlocal.com/blog/2010/12/06/us-results-local-consumer-review-survey; http://www.localvisibilitysystem.com/2011/07/02/google-places-review-facts;
http://www.davidmihm.com/local-search-ranking-factors; http://bluementhals.com/blog/2011/08/11/review-management-7-tips-on-avoiding-bad-reviews; http://www.iac.com/About-IAC/Press-Kit.