CV- Brit Fitzpatrick | Storyteller; PR; Digital; Design
I love digital media. My overall professional goal is to combine my love of stories and community with my passion for design and digital media in order to influence social change. Whether it's social media post, a video,
or an article - to me everything is an opportunity to share a story.
What's my story?
- Where I've been: 1) Dec. 2010 - present. Founder & CEO. Mentor.me; 2) Oct. 2011 - present. Communications. Ronald McDonald House. Charities of Memphis; 3) June - Sep. 2011. Public Relations. Carter-Malone
Group; 4) April 2010 - July 2011. Reporter & Intern. Tri-State Defender; 5) Jan. 2010 - June 2010. Intern. Social Butterflies; 6) Aug. 2009 - May 2011. Graduate Assistant. U. of Memphis Dept. of Journalism;
7) may - Aug. 2009. Marketing Intern. Parker & Klein Real Estate.
- Professional experience (keys: editorial; public relations; social media strategy; web design; drinking coffee): 1) Editorial (>5 years); 2) Public relations (4 years); 3) Social media strategy (3 years); 4) Web design
(2 years); 5) Graphic design (1.5 years); 6) Drinking coffee (>1 year).
- Education: 1) Master of Arts Journalism. Concentration in Public Relations & Digital Media. University of Memphis; 2) Bachelor of Arts Journalism. Concentration in Public Relations. Howard University.
- Professional skills: 1) Photoshop; 2) Illustrator; 3) HTML; 4) CSS; 5) MS Office; 6) PowerPoint.
- Next on my list: 1) InDesign; 2) Final Cut Pro; 3) HTML5.
- Accomplishments: 1) 2011 Opal Frazer Visionary Award; 2) Kappa Tau Alpha Journalism and Mass Communication Honor Society 2011 Top Graduate Scholar (4.0 GPA); 3) Memphis Chamber's Young Memphis 2012
Issue; 4) Leadership memphis Fall Fast Track Class of 2012.
How do I see the world?
- INFJ (Myers - Briggs): 1) Extroverted-introverted (33%); 2) Sensing-intuition (25%); 3) Thinking-feeling (38%); 4) Judging-perceiving (44%); 2) Left (37%) vs. right (63%). Characteristics of right brainers. People
who are right tend to: Be dreamers; Be deep thinkers; Be intuitive; Be good at art; Be more visual; Be able to listen music or TV while studying; Read more fo main details; enjoy creative storytelling; Like organizing
things to show relation.
Who Am I?
- Favorite quotes: 1) "Because you are here, you are worthy" - Oprah Winfrey; 2) "I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. machines never come with any extra parts. They always come with the exact amount
they need. So I figured if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for a reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason, too" - Hugo.
- How do I spend my time?: 1_ Working; 2) Volunteering; 3) Learning; 4) Dreaming.
- 10 things I wish I was better at: 1) Parallel parking; 2) Karaoke; 3) Sewing; 4) Shuffling cards; 5) Whistling; 6) Roller skating; 7) Using chopsticks; 8) Bowling; 9) Grocery shopping; 10) Remembering my umbrella.
- Best qualities: 1) Creative; 2) Compassionate; 3) Hard worker; 4) Dreamer.
Need a second opinion? (How about two?)
- "I continue to follow the work that you are doing in Memphis, and I'm really impressed with your voice, presence, engagement level and creativity online. You are doing a great job building the RMHC brand in your
community!" - Lauren Schultz, Ronald McDonald House Charities Global.
- "Brittany Fitzpatrick has a fantastic talent for web design and an impressive mastery of social media and digital skills" - Dr. Carrie Brown, University of Memphis Department of Journalism.
BRITFITZ | Designed by Brittany Fitzpatrick, 2012.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @britfitzpatrick | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/brittanyfitzpatrick.