Aligning Mobile Marketing With Consumer Behavior
- Mobile is no longer just an emerging channel. Marketers must understand how consumers are using their devices to drive mobile success.
- 54% of consumers own smartphones: 1) 21% of consumers own a tablet; 2) 86% of tablets require a Wi-Fi connection to access the Internet.
- 72% of them use their phones to access the Internet, daily: 47% of smartphones have Unlimited data plans.
- Mobile shoppers' path-to-purchase: 1) 34% shop online while browsing in stores; 2) 45% of smartphone shoppers use their phones to compare prices.
- Location of mobile shopping activities: 1) Home - 67%; 2) Shopping in store - 34%; 3) Work - 30%; 4) Waiting in line - 28%; 5) Travelling - 26%; 6) Dining out - 17%.
- Access mobile Internet (several times daily): 1) Women - 51%; 2) Men - 43%. Women are more likely than men to spend time each day accessing the Internet from their smartphones.
Compete | Compete helps the world's top brands improve their marketing based on the online behavior of millions of consumers. Leading advertisers, agencies and publishers rely on Compete's products and services to create
engaging online experiences and highly profitable marketing campaigns. Visit compete.com to access comprehensive data on any of the top million sites on the web. Compete manages the largest panel of its kind in the industry,
combining the online behaviors and attitudes from 2 million consumers across the United States. Our online panel is comprised of a statistically representative cross-section of consumers who have given permission to have
their Internet click stream behaviors and opt-in survey analyzed anonymously as a new source of marketing research. US Mobile Claimed behavior Study, Lightspeed Research, Nov. 2012. Compete Fall 2012 Online
Shopper Intelligence Survey | Compete Inc | 501 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116 | http:///www.compete.com | Phone: 866-633-8390.