EMAIL BEST PRACTICES
SOURCE: HTTP://BL0G.EASYEMER8E COM/?=1688
- Keep it STRONG, keep it consistent & keep it simple.
- Include your name...relate it to the content.
- Entice your audience with excitement, wit & mystery.
X USE ALL CAPS AND LOTS OF PUNCTUATION!!!??!!
X Use spammy words like FREE, Cash Bonus or Call Now!
X Use startling words like Urgent, Emergency or Last Chance.
- Include your visual brand. [Logo, color scheme, graphics]
- Break up email into clearly defined sections.
X Use distracting backgrounds. (They lake attention away from content)
X Make the template too wide. [Readers HATE horizontal scrollbars.)
SOURCE: HTTP://BLOG EASYEMER8E C0M/?P=8O3
- Send content that your audience is anticipating.
- Make content engaging & interesting.
- Give readers the chance to explore other channels & respond to call-to-actions.
X Send an email tull of requests. Don't be demanding.
X Pot your ENTIRE blog post. Keep it short with an image & a link to the whole blog.
- Keep them visually appealing.
- Describe the picture in the Alt. Tag.
X Use GIFS that flash or move.
X Use really intense images that will distract readers from the content provided.
- Segment your audience into different lists.[Based on demographics like interest, location & age.)
- Change your messaging to fit the interests of each list
X Lump everyone into one BIG list.
X Shotgun a generic message out to everyone.
easyeMerge.com | REALeMerge.com
SOURCE: HTTP://BLOG EASYEMER8E COM7?P=1624