Email Marketing vs. Lead Nurturing | Title Fight: You Inbox Is Proud To Present
"The occasional blast" vs. "The revenue engine": "The occasional blast"
- Reach: Generic "one to many". Email marketing is used to communicate general information to a broad audience for informational purposes.
- Focus: Broad "same to all". Blast emails typically contain the same content and calls to action no matter whom the audience is or what buying stage they are in.
- Punch: Singular "all email". Email marketing requires you to stay on the cusp of annoying to stay relevant and top of mind with your audience.
- Timing: Sporadic "reactive". Messages are sent when the company feels a need to communicate a marketing-related activity like a trade show, webinar or other promotional media.
- Impact: Quantitative "click click". General emails generates a low 3% CTR while lead nurturing emails can generate over an 8% CTR. (HubSpot)
"The occasional blast" vs. "The revenue engine": "The revenue engine"
- Reach: Targeted "one to one". Nurturing provides the right content to the right person at the right time, progressing them towards a purchase. Nurturing gets 4-10x the response rate over stand-alone email . (Demand Sen
- Focus: Customer "personalized". Communicates relevant, educational content personalized to the recipient's role, interests, and activity profile. Relevant emails drive 18x more revenue than broadcast email. (Juniter
- Punch: Integrated "variety matters". Nurturing uses multi touch, direct marketing campaigns to interact with a lead via email, phone, and online interactions, increasing engagement 65%. (Market Wire)
- Timing: Strategic "proactive". Persuasive communications are sent according to the prospect's stage in the buying cycle. 53% of buyers stop engaging if they receive irrelevant content. (Cone Consumer New Media Study)
- Impact: Qualitative "know the score". Activity tracking, scoring, and grading elevates nurturing analytics and provides visibility to identify a prospect's intent, ensuring your sales team focuses on "sales-ready" prospects.
It's a unanimous decision! After this decisive win for lead nurturing, learn how to turn your reactive email blasts into a proactive revenue engine | Download our Lead Nurturing eBook to learn more | MarketStar.