From Kicks To Clicks: Individual Conversion Attribution Means More Effective Budgeting
- Online marketing is like football - individual players may be good, but the team is better, taking into account the best channels and directing them as whole is now the best results achieved. However, when using multiple channels all at
once it's not easy to work out how much each of them contributes to success: Which "players" are involved in conversions and to what extent?; 2) Which methods are not at their right and belong on the bench?; An where is the couch
who can pull together individual strengths and translate them into a top-performing team strategy? See below for QUISMA's Champions League-winning marketing team!
- For a successful match, a team needs to open strongly, push effectively and complete reliably. In the game of online marketing, the team's end goal will be a use rjourney that ends in a conversion. In both instances, there are various
"teams players" who play quite specific, yet individually strong, roles - all of whom contribute to the success of the whole!
- Introducers are responsible for creating brand awareness and interest. QUISMA's "All-Start" online marketing team: 1) Name: Moving image campaign; Team: QUISMA; Strengths in team QUISMA: Generates interest; Primary role:
Communicate product & service information in an eye-catching manner; Multi-faceted moving image formats; 2) Name: Display branding campaign; Team: QUISMA; Strengths in teams QUISMA: Long lead time; Primary role: Deliver
brand awareness and performance results at the same time; Tailor-made billing models.
- Introducers are responsible for creating brand awareness and interest. Europe's current record players (Champions League season 2012/2013): 1) Name: Alvaro Arbeloa; Team: Real Madrid; Strength: Player who assists and opens up
the most opportunities; Fouls commited: 18; Most cards received: 7 (5 yellow and 2 red); Playing time: 538 minutes.
- Influencers pique consumers' interest and inform them more deeply about products and services. QUISMA's "All-Start" online marketing team: 1) Name: Product and price comparison sites; Team: QUISMA; Strengths in team
QUISMA: Placing product data on main comparison portals; Ensuring always updated and complete product detail; Delivers fast, always responds to changes; 2) Name: SEA generic campaign; Team: QUISMA; Strengths in team
QUISMA: Granular keyword structures; Effective match type strategies to supply keywords and texts; Perfect bid management system for managing CPC.
- Influencers pique consumers' interest and inform them more deeply about products and services. Europe's current record players (Champions League season 2012/2013): 1) Xavi Hernandez; Team: Barcelona; Strength: Cautious team
player; Most passes played: 1.287; Passing precision: 88%; Playing time: 946 minutes.
- Closers are responsible for the "last few yards" and getting users to convert. QUISMA's "All-Start" online marketing team: 1) Name: Dynamic retargeting; Team: QUISMA; Strengths in team QUISMA: Personalized ad formats;
Dynamic targeting and frequency capping; Minimises scatter losses; 2) Name: Couponing/vouchers; Team: QUISMA; Strengths in team QUISMA: Brand protection, basket protection; Design CPOs effectively; Best possible partner
- Closers are responsible for the "last few yards" and getting users to convert. Europe's current record players (Champions League season 2012/2013): 1) Name: Cristiano Ronaldo; Team: Real Madrid; Strengths: Reliable shooter; Top
goalscorer: 12; Goals set up: 1; Playing time: 1.080 minutes.
- Coach. Intelligent technology manages the coordination and thus enables an ideal budget allocation. QUISMA's "All-Start" online marketing team: 1) Name: QUISMA Media Platform (QMP); Team: QUISMA; Strengths in team
QUISMA: records all customer interaction points; Rates all activities based on individual attribution analyses; Data driven, manages all online marketing activities.
- "The last-cookie-wins method for performance-rating individual online marketing channels is about as out of date as man-to-man marking in football. To use different marketing channels and manage your budget effectively, you need
to take users' while-making process into account and recognise the value of individual transactions" - Murat Cavus, Senior Manager Data Intelligence at QUISMA and legendary Galatasaray fan.
Football an online marketing: two topics that really get us going... and veritable treasure troves of strange and interesting facts! Did you know...?
- The most clicked on advertising video of all time is the Angry Birds Cinematic Trailer? This clip had generated more than 75 million views by the time of the Adweek survey in summer 2012.
*Source: Adweek, July 2012.
- The World Cup match between Uruguay and Brazil in 1950 had more spectators than any other game, ver? 173.850 people watched it at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro
- Many users won't buy anything without comparing prices first: eight out of ten private customers in Germany use price comparison sites to compare electricity prices, and almost one in two switch online too.
*Source: A.T. Kearney, annual electricity study 2012.
- FIFA has been comparing footballers since 1991 to find the "world footballer of the year" each year. Lothar Matthaus of Germany won the first award, and Lionel Messi of Argentina the last in 2009. Since 2010, the award has been
called the Ballon d'Or, combining "World footballer of the year" with the Ballon d'Or of French footballer magazine France Football. Lionel Messi scored a hat-trick, winning three times in 2010-2012.
- Personalized advertising can boost a banner's success by anything up to 100%? Dynamically personalized advertising banners can also cut advertising spend by up to 70% at the same time (both examples compared with non-
personalized ad banners).
- Personalized tickets are supposed to cut out the black market trading, but tickets for the Champions League final still changed hands for anything up to EUR 3.00?
- Display advertising is the oldest kind of advertising there is on the Internet? One telecoms service provider paid $30.000 US to be the first on the pages of hotwired.com. The result? A click rate unimaginable today of 40%.
- Marco Ballotta of Lazio Rome was the oldest-ever player in a Champions League match? He was in the group game against Real Madrid on 11 December 2007, and was 43 years and 253 days old at the time.
- Nearly one in two advertising dollars online in Europe goes into the "Search" channel, and this format is the most popular by far?
*Source: PWC Global Entertainment and Media Outlook 2012-20013, May 2013.
- Lionel Messi of Argentina scored nearly half of all goals for his team, FC Barcelona in the 2012/2013 season?
- Couponing is the perfect "joker" for affiliate marketing campaigns? That you can boost your conversion rate by up to 23% by using the right reinforcement at the right time.
*Source: A.T. Kearny, annual electricity study 2012.
- It was two substitutes (Teddy Sheringham of England and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of Norway) who scored against Bayern Munich to win Manchester United the Champions League in 1999?
9 tips for successful conversion attribution:
- #1 Use just one tracking system to measure all customer flows.
- #2 Combine your individual campaign modules to form meaningful clusters.
- #3 Formulate what you are aiming for online (KPIs).
- #4 Analyse how different clusters affect your goals as a whole.
- #5 Find the right attribution logic for your work online.
- #6 Work out individual cluster KPIs using your attribution model.
- #7 Work out how individual clusters influence one another.
- #8 Manage your budget based on the results from points 6 and 7.
- #9 Call QUISMA of you want to find out more about the action points 1 to 8.
"Some people believe online advertising is a matter of life and death. I can assure you it is much more important than that" - Jill S. Hankly, online expert.
QUISMA Quality Internet Services & Marketing | Creating Value & Performance In Digital, www.quisma.com.