CV - Stuart Mayhew
- Born in Harwich, Essex England in 1974. primarily focused my education on art and design, studying at the Colchester Institute of Art and design then continuing my education at the London College of Printing. Graduated with an
honors degree in graphic design. I have spent the last 15 years of my career focusing my attention and interest in new digital media. In that time I have expanded my knowledge in not only graphic design and art but also in the
technological advances in design. I have also gained a degree in computer science. I have worked in the field of what is now called user experience design and interaction design for most of my career. I have always enjoyed being at the
leading edge of new ideas in technology and user experience. I couldn’t think of a better career choice for me.
- General information: 1) Age - 37 (1974 - 2011); 2) Location - Seattle, 7050 24th Ave NE, 98115; 3) Phone - 720-938-3955.
- Brain usage: 1) Creative BA (HONS) Graphic Design - 50%; 2) Logic MSc (CONV) Computer Science - 50%.
Associate creative director
- Experience knowledge. Over the course of my career I have worked on projects of major and minor sizes but in all instances I have continued to follow and improve my approach and methodology. Using applications and technology I
have pushed myself to become an expert of solving problems.
- 9 main applications.
- 2.080 average work hours per year.
- Design thinking process: 1) Discover; 2) Analysis; 3) Ideation; 4) Prototype; 5) Evaluate.
- Gaining knowledge - 37%. I spend most of my free time and travel reading articles and books that interest me. These moments are great for improving my knowledge and understanding of what I do.
- Books read. Most of the reading I do is in specific areas of personal interest and with the aim of improving self knowledge: 1) Design; 2) user experience; 3) Marketing; 4) Psychology; 4) Most notably I have enjoyed the work of
Malcolm Gladwell, barry Schwartz, Jonah Lehrer, Seth Godin and Bill Buxton.
- Primary devices. I have worked on many devices from smart phones and tablets to entertainment and retail kiosks. I have created gesture interactions and voice commanded user interfaces. The devices change but the experiences
always have to be intuitive, enjoyable and transparent for the user: 1) Sketching; 2) Prototyping; 3) Wireframing; 4) Visual design; 5) Integration.
- Application software. Throughout my career I have had to learn and improve my knowledge across many applications that allow me to best express my ideas to others: 1) Photoshop (primary app); 2) Illustrator (primary app); 3)
Flash (primary app); 4) After Effects (secondary app); 5) Premier (secondary app); 6) Dreamweaver (secondary app); 7) Fireworks; 8) MS Blend (primary app); 9) 3D Studio Max (primary app).
- Application software. As well as digital design I find pan of my design process today includes going back to sketching, drawing and paper prototyping. Ideas are sometimes captured easiest outside the computer: 1) Digital - 80%;
2) Non digital - 20%.
Work experience: 1) Balthaser online. Working at Balthaser I studied hard the skills of motion graphics and online application design. Working as a team we solved big problems with creative thinking (1.5 years - Photoshop,
Illustrator, Flash); 2) Electric Rain. Building new ideas into real world applications is always challenging. I learnt so many great lessons here, and the ability to test and improve my process of design (5.0 years - Flash, MS Blend, 3D
Studio Max); 3) Nujuice. Working with the team at Nujuice I improved my eye for detail and great design. Continuing my self discovery of what makes up great user experiences (1.2 years - After Effects, Illustrator, Flash); 4)
Identitymine. When you are surrounded by expert technicians suddenly you are free to imagine and produce things you never thought possible. Freeing the creative mind (2.5 years - Illustrator, MS Blend, 3D Studio Max).
- Some clients: 1) Microsoft; 2) IMDB; 3) Clear Channel - iHeartRadio; 4) TMX; 5) Procter and gamble; 6) Mettler Toledo; 7) Microsoft Kinect; 8) Microsoft Surface; 9) Banco Azteca; 10) Microsoft Windows Phone; 11) Nissan;
12) History Channel; 13) Home Depot; 14) New Orleans Saints.
- Places lived and travelled: 1) London; 2) Istanbul; 3) San Francisco; 4) Colorado; 5) Seattle.
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.visualbroke.com.