How B2B Marketers Are Using Email Marketing
Email marketing has become an invaluable asset to marketers. Pardot conducted a survey to learn more about how marketers are using email.
How is email budgeted for?
- 65% allocate less than 25% of their budgets to email marketing.
- 27% allocate between 26-50% of their budget to email.
- However, 70% aren't using email marketing as their primary tool for lead generation.
How email is being used
- Feature usage. Email marketing systems are getting more and more sophisticated. Take a look at which features marketers are using and which ones are lagging behind: 1) Mobile optimization - 25%; 2) Spam analysis - 33%;
3) Cross platform testing - 43%; 4) Behavioral segmentation - 51%; 5) Drip nurturing - 61%; 6) Variable fields - 86%.
- 20% of marketers forget about time zones when planning campaigns.
- How are marketers optimizing their emails to maximize effectiveness? What is the best time of day or the best content to send? Let's take a look!
- Best week day: 44% reported most opens on Tuesday.
- Best time of day: 53% reported most opens 8am-12pm.
- Most effective content offers: 1) Most effective - webinars; 2) Second - white papers; 3) Third - case studies; 4) Fourth - multimedia. This is the content reported by marketers to be the most effective for getting recipients to
The future of email
- In 5 years email marketing will be: 1) Still relevant - 47% percent agree; 2) Less relevant - 50% percent agree; 3) Not relevant - 3% percent agree.
Pardot - Marketing Automation | For more industry news and marketing tips, visit Pardot.com/blog.