HOW TO BUY A USED CAR
Brought to you by Surf4cars
TIME FOR A NEW RIDE?
LET SURF4CARS GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE MOTIONS OF BUYING A USED CAR - STEP BY STEP
What can you afford?
Are you paying cash or applying for finance?
• How much can you afford per month?
• Have you got money for a deposit?
It will reduce your monthly expenditure.
• Don't forget to factor in monthly insurance and fuel costs.
Top Manufacturers For Customer Service:
A MOTOR THAT MIRRORS YOUR LIFE
A car is an extension of your lifestyle, so you need to find the right one.
• Are you searching for looks or something practical?
• Choose the car that best matches your needs.
• Get the technical low-down on fuel consumption, tyre costs, service life etc.
"Also try our simple to use mobi site on your smart phone for effortless car searching.”
Make sure you've ticked all the boxes:
- Reputable dealerships will have in-house finance departments.
- You'll need to arrange it. Use our handy online insurance quote finder. •Certificate of roadworthiness
- Demand one, you need it.
• Get clued up on any defects
- As part of the Consumer Protection Act (No. 68 of ZOO2), the dealer must disclose all defects to you.
• Check your warranty
- Your car might come with one or need an aftermarket policy.
• Spare keys
- Check if there are any.
• Service history
- Make sure you've got the records.
TIME TO TRADE
Trade in your old jammy for a newer model.
• Get an evaluation on your old car, in fact, get a few.
• Compare your offers with similar models on Surf A-Cars.
• Full service history, no dings or scratches and a valet service will make your car that much more appealing.
DRIVING OFF INTO THE SUNSET
This is the fun part and hopefully the start of an awesome journey with your new car.
If it's not...
• The Consumer Protection Act is a solid act under which aggrieved buyers can get justice.
• The Motor Industry Ombudsman is ready to assist with any complaints you may have.
- Call 012. 841 2-945.