How To Create An Employee Wellness Plan: Your Roadmap To Success
Wellness programs can help businesses reduce their health care costs and improve productivity by creating a healthier, happier workforce. And all good wellness programs begin with a solid plan. Follow the steps below to
create a plan for your organizational program.
- Gather employee health data to get snapshot of the current state of your company's health.
- Set the vision, goals and measurable objectives.
- Decide which programs or interventions make the most sense for your employees. Key intervention programs could include weight management, smoking cessation, and physical activity.
- Choose the frequency of interventions. Try weekly, monthly, or quarterly. Explore resources such as external wellness vendors, community groups or internal experts.
- Design an incentive program to help encourage participation.
- Identify program budget, Piggyback on other programs to reduce cost. Consider strategies to reach spouses and dependents.
- Set realistic timeline for implementation and evaluation of program.
- Address workplace policies and the environment to ensure a supportive culture.
- Present plan and get buy-in from leadership.
- Develop program marketing and communication. Make it fun. Build a clear, identifiable brand for your wellness program.
- Take action. It's time to implement your plan.
- Monitor the effectiveness and make adjustments as needed.
Learn more: TotalWellnessHealth.com | Brought to you by: TotalWelness - Healthier People. Healthier Bottom Line.