How To Promote An App? Guide To Mobile App Marketing
- #1 Choose a good name: 1) Unique and memorable; 2) Include most important keywords; 3) Don't infringe any trademarks.
- #2 Find your competitors.
- #3 Choose the right category: 1) Estimate the number of downloads you will need to rank in each category; 3) Calculate your strength: The more competitive a category, the more downloads you'll get; 3) Choose the most
relevant category for your app.
- #4 Create an amazing icon: 1) Your icon matters... a lot!; 2) Make it amazing and eye-catching; 3) Deliver style and purpose.
- #5 Take great screen shots: 1) Convince users to download/buy the app; 2) Make them memorable, informative and exciting; 3) Explain what the app does.
- #6 Write a good title, description and keywords: 1) Include your keywords; 2) Spy on your competitors; 3) Make it actionable!
- #7 Build a great landing page.
- #1 Push for as many downloads as you can in the first days after launch to rise to the top of the charts!
- #2 Sign up for analytics app.
- #3 Get featured on review sites: 1) Open a spreadsheet and get ready to look for target sites and contact information; 2) Start collecting data well ahead of your launch; 3) Contact everyone once the app goes live!
- #4 Reach out to media!: 1) Prepare your press kit (pictures, press release, bio of the founders, screenshots, logos); 2) Keep collecting data!; 3) Target journalists/editors that cover your field.
- #5 Encourage users to: Share social networks and to rate and review the app.
- #6 Paid promotion: 1) AdMob; 2) Millennial Media; 3) InMobi; 4) AdWhirl; 5) MobClix.
Rise to the top of the charts
- #1 Keep promoting your app.
- #2 Lower paid promotion.
- #3 Stay ranked organically.
BlueCaribu | Brought to you by: uSpeak - Limitless Learning | Designed by: @OneRussianGuy.