India: Moving Towards A Mobile Enterprise
By taking the necessary steps towards becoming a mobile enterprise, businesses can improve productivity, increase revenue & gain market share.
- Mobile Enterprise. An organization that empowers its constituents to access information, to communicate and to collaborate efficiently in real-time... anywhere, anytime.
- For companies embarking on a mobile enterprise strategy Springboard Research suggest this 4-phased plan.
Is India ready?
- 2/3 mobile workforce to own a smart mobile device by 2015.
- 62 million mobile social network users by 2014.
- 205 million enterprise mobile workforce by 2015.
- 1.2 billion mobile subscribers by 2015.
- +150% total workforce connected to the Internet by 2015.
- 59.4% registered companies will have access to the Internet by 2015.
The state of enterprise mobility in India today
- #1 Conventional mobility. Basic apps, emails, messaging, contacts, and calendar.
- #2 Automated workforce. Critical apps: resource planning, customer relation management, document management systems.
- #3 Always connected. Real-time apps: location based services, video conferencing, telephony.
- #4 Pervasive mobility. Integrated apps: financial management systems, human resource systems, mobile points-of-sale.
- 72% of enterprises in India cited improved productivity as a driving factor in the adoption of smart mobile devices.
- Penetration of smart mobile devices among enterprise mobile workforce in India: 2009 - 6.9%; 2010 - 15.0%; 2011 - 25.6%; 2012 - 34.9%; 2013 - 43.6%; 2014 - 53.0%; 2015 - 64.0%.
SalesForce. Go mobile with salesforce.com, salesforce.com/mobile.
Source: World Bank, Springboard Research.