Small Business Guide To Mobile Marketing
- "2013 will be the year that marketers finally realize the power of real-time marketing in the always-on-right-now world of mobile communications. Their well-planned future marketing campaigns don't cut it in the instant world" -
David Scott Meerman | Strategist | www.webinknow.com.
- Facebook tabs. Time spent on the Facebook mobile app per month (441 minutes) finally surpassed time spent on Facebook's website (391 minutes).
- Deals. Consumers will spend $5.5 billion by 2016 on daily deals, flash sales, and other online discounts, up 53% from $3.6 billion this year.
- Click-to-call. Leads generated from click to call campaigns are 12-15 times more likely to convert then leads generated from website forms.
- Photos. 21% of mobile users purchased a product after seeing a picture on Pinterest.
- Twitter. Twitter's top mobile client is m.twitter.com (Twitter's mobile website) with 14% of total users.
- Click to email. Email has reared its head and is now a viable, most powerful mobile call to action.
- Desktop & notebook vs. smartphone (Keys: PC; SP): 1) 2005: PC ~ 200.000; SP ~ 60.000; 2) 2006: PC ~ 205.000; SP ~ 85.000; 3) 2007: PC ~ 215.000; SP ~ 100.000; 4) 2008: PC ~ 200.000; SP ~ 130.000; 5) 2009: PC ~ 220.000;
SP ~ 150.000; 6) 2010: PC ~ 230.000; SP ~ 180.000; 7) 2011: PC ~ 340.000; SP ~ 370.000; 8) 2012: PC ~ 375.000; SP ~ 700.000.
- "On mobile, we're going to make a lot more money than on desktop"p - Mark Zuckerberg, CEO on Facebook.
- "Text messaging marketing, along with effective use of QR codes as triggers, presents the largest opportunity for any business owner in 2013" - Nathan Latka, CEO of Heyo.
- "The number of calls from mobile will more than double by 2013 to an average of 81 calls per business month" - BIA/Kelly.
Source: heyo.com/som | Heyo.