The "New Traditional" Game of Life
Education used to be a one time show, you graduated, and that's it. Now, thanks to fast paced technology and changing demands, education is a much more winding path. Welcome to the non-traditional student's
game of life...
- Congratulations! You just graduated college. Move forward one space.
- Because of your degree, you can get an entry level job. Spin again. 87% of positions require a degree at the entry level.
- Fall behind already. Lose a turn. 70% of employers say employees need constant education just to keep up with their jobs.
- Payday! Smaller than expected. Spin again. 87% of employers say education has a positive impact on pay scale.
- Start classes and get on the bandwagon. Move forward one space. 44% of Americans, age 25 and up are involved in formal classes.
- Improve job performance. Receive $500 bonus. 96% of employers say ongoing education has a positive impact job performance.
- Earn a certificate. Move forward. 3x - how much more likely professionals are to enroll in certificate and degree programs over individual courses or seminars.
- Enroll in degree program after work agrees to pay your tuition. 49% of employers will either reimburse for tuition or prepay it on behalf of their employees.
- Feel on top of your job. Move forward one space.
- Survive layoff. Spin again.
- Finish degree. Get promotion. 78% of employers say ongoing education has a positive impact on promotions and advancement.
- Payday! You get a 25% raise! 53% of employers verify the attainment of required skills based on the completion of coursework.
- Welcome to management! Spin again. 66% of mid level positions require a bachelors degree or higher.
- Enroll in your next class. Move forward two spaces. 50% of mid level positions require a professional certifications or licensures in addition to a degree.
- See life as your school. Welcome to the world as a lifelong learner!