Is Email Dead? And Other Stuff About How We Communicate
- Number of accounts: 1) Email - 2.900.000.000; 2) Facebook - 750.000.000; 3) Twitter - 300.000.000.
- Number of messages/updates sent each day: 1) Email - 188.000.000.000 messages; 2) Facebook - 60.000.000 updates; 3) Twitter - 140.000.000.
- Average number of updates per account per day: 1) Email - 64.8; 2) Facebook - 0.08; 3) Twitter - 0.47.
- In 2010 the number of emails sent was: 107 trillion. That's up 19% from 2009.
- That means every second of 2010 3.392.948 emails were being sent.
Source: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/01/22/internet-2009-in-numbers; http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/01/22/internet-2010-in-numbers.
The future of email?
- More teens believe email will live on: 1) Email won't go. Email lives - 44%; 2) Email is dead - 15%; 3) Who knows. We don't care - 41%.
- Email future: 1) Is email popular in business?: Yes - 63%; No - 37%; 2) I'll use email more in the future: Yes - 24%; No - 76%.
- World wide web email accounts: By 2014 the projected number of email accounts will be 3.8 billion.
-In 2010, 75% of all email accounts belonged to consumers.
- In 2010, corporate users sent & received 110 messages daily.
- 14% of all email accounts are located in North America.
- 23% of all email accounts are located in Europe.
- 47% of all email accounts are located in Asia/Pacific.
- 16% of all email accounts are located everywhere else.
- 18% of email received is spam. It's spam and gray mail (unwanted newsletters, alerts, etc).
- 45% of all email is spam.
- While most users see spam as an annoyance. For corporations it's a considerable expense. A typical 1.000 user organization can spend up to $2 million per year to fight & manage spam.
- A survey by F-Secure found that: 1) 79% of users think that spam is a problem on the site; 2) 49% of users frequently see something in their news feed that looks suspicious.
- United States is the number one spam generator.
- Korea is the second largest spam generator.
- Annually, spam costs businesses $20.5 billion in decreased productivity as well as technical expenses. Annual average loss per employee - $1.934.
Email is here to stay | Make your emails better with VisibleGains | Sign up today for a free account - http://www.visiblegains.com/free-account | Facebook.com/visiblegains | Twitter.com/visiblegains | Developed by: NowSourcing.com.