LinkedIn: Reaching 1 Billion Endorsements
Skill endorsements are a simple and effective way of building your professional brand and engaging with your LinkedIn network. here's a look at how endorsements help you to put your best foot forward and give you an easy way to
recognize your colleagues.
- Giving and receiving. Two of the most memorable endorsements: 1) Visual C++ - first endorsement; 2) Water treatment - billionth endorsement.
- Since launch, members have given 50 million endorsements per week.
- More than 18 million people have given endorsements.
- And over 58 million people have been endorsed for their skills and expertise.
- A gift that keeps giving. Endorsements are helping members build out their professional profiles and make them 4x more likely to be views on LinkedIn: 1 billion endorsements: 2x increase in recommendations; 2x increase in skills
- What's being endorsed? Top ten endorsements (based on number of endorsements given): 1) Strategic planning; 2) Customer service; 3) Microsoft Office; 4) Project management; 5) Recruiting; 6) Public speaking; 7) New
business development; 8) Marketing strategy; 9) Telecommunications; 10) Social media.
- There are tens of thousand of skills and areas of expertise represented on LinkedIn today. Check out the diverse range of skills that are being highly endorsed: 1) Fitness - 435k; 2) Disaster recovery - 890k; 3) Storytelling - 267k;
4) Negotiation - 3.7m; 5) Wine - 298l; 6) Renewable energy - 671k; 7) Food service - 21k; 8) Tourism - 760k; 9) Mining - 577k; 10) Adult education - 253k; 11) Grant writing - 687k; 12) Preaching - 410k; 13) Creative writing - 612k.
LinkedIn | Data as of 2/26/13.