Mobile Marketing. What's With The Attitudes
- #1 Do people actually like offers on their mobile phones?: 1) 65% of smartphone owners are open to receiving offers on their mobile phones; 2) While 29% are turned off by them; 3) And 6% don't know.
- #2 From whom?: 1) 52% of smartphone users prefer receiving offers from their mobile operators; 2) 40% don't know; 3) 6% wouldn't mind third party ads.
- #3 What kind of offers should mobile operators provide?: 1) 51% of smartphone owners prefer receiving offers concerning mobile products only (upgrade plan, top-up discounts etc); 2) 15% are open to offers from third party
- #4 What sort for mobile products and services?: 1) 21% of smartphone users prefer upgrade plan offers tailored to their usage and needs; 2) 12% are positive towards general discounts; 3) 11% would like suggestions for a general
- #5 Through what mobile channel do people prefer received offers?: 1) Via advertising on mobile Internet - 15%; 2) Via advertising on mobile applications - 10%; 3) 75% of smartphone users would like to get notified for offer new offers
via SMS; 4) The most effective mobile marketing medium for electing consumer response is SMS.
- #6 How often?: 1) 83% up to twice a month; 2) Only 2% more than 5 times per month; 3) But be warned: 72% would change provider if they received third party ads.
YouGov | Upstream - We switch your customers on.