Map To Search Engine Marketing (SEO) Success
#1 Quick form
- After adding a quick contact form to the site, a PFHE client saw a 56.6% increase in its website conversion rate.
- Having an easily-accessible quick contact form (a shortened version of your main form) on each key page of your institution’s website (campus location, academic programs, admissions), on the right side of the page, below the
header, will aid the user in requesting information. Why there? Testing has shown this is the most effective placement. The eye travels in an "F" pattern - ending up on the quick contact form.
- Yeah, the eye travels in an F, just make sure you don't get one for your search engine marketing! For more info on the F factor, visit http://www.useit.com/eyetracking.
- PEHE clients see, on average, a 56% increase in conversion rate when traffic is sent to a landing page (versus their man website).
#2 Landing page
- Minisite. Marketing site. Microsite. Whatever you call it - utilizing landing pages for your PPC campaign is a must. By limiting the amount of information delivered and providing a clear path to conversion, you will maximize ROI.
- Measuring individual campaign strategies and overall performance is critical to achieving success. Use a web analytics platform such as Google Analytics to measure traffic and user behavior on your website. Use a web analytics
platform such as Google Analytics to measure traffic and user behavior on your website. Combining the traffic information with inquiry statistics will show how the website is performing from an optimization and conversion
standpoint. Monitor keywords to ensure your PPC dollars are being spent efficiently. In addition, perform a matchbook analysis to see which keywords and search engines produced the most enrollments (not just inquiries). This
enables you to continually optimize the campaign for optimal performance and ROI. We know they can be boring, but numbers don't lie. Measure your traffic.
#4 Content optimization
- Content is an important component to any successful website or landing page. The content must "move" a prospective student and encourage them to request additional information about your institution or a specific academic
program. In addition, the content should be extremely informative so that it gains traction within the search engine results pages. "Content is king".
- Keywords bring traffic into your site from the search engines. Once you've determined which keywords to focus on, ensure the keywords are targeted. Specific long-tailed keywords (California school online business degree)
will bring qualified traffic to your site. Including targeted keywords throughout the site content will result in higher rankings in search results, as well as show prospective students information that coincides with their search.
#6 Call to action
- Ensuring a strong call-to-action is utilized throughout your institution's website is important. In addition to a quick contact form, use a trackable phone number placed in a prominent location on the website, in the header for
example, as well as call-to-action phrases in the text on the individual pages. On average, 30% of your inquiries may come from the phone number on the site.
#7 Social media
- There are many different ways to integrate social media into your overall marketing strategy. Prospective students are increasingly looking to social media to learn more about the brand and what it represents. Therefore, it's
important to have a strategic social media plan and presence. Social media is a great way to engage with your institution's community (prospective students, current students, alumni and the surrounding community) while giving
your institution's brand more of a pulse.
- Test, test, test. Test your content, images, colors, layout, calls-to-action, etc. to determine the ideal combination to convert site visitors to prospective students. Making slight adjustments to the website then tracking performance
based on those changes will ensure your institution's website is performing at the highest level possible.
Produced by PlatForm Higher Education: PlatFormHigherEducation.com | Our testing has shown that adding a testimonial to your contact form can increase your conversion rate by 3%.