MORE THAN 75% MARKETERS MISSIG OUT ON 4X OPENS
Now that’s one kind of a triggered email - Company sends this to contacts. Leads, or customers to help facilitate or follow-up on some kind of action the user has taken on their website.
7 REASONS FOR USING TRIGGERED EMAIL CAMPAIGNS
POTENTIAL PITFALLS AND CHALLENGES
- Implementing the Automation is one-time but costly exercise
- Updating existing systems to work with newer technology
- Creating the right rules and programs for each events separately
- Identifying the events on which triggered campaign has to be set
- Analyzing and capturing the subscriber attributes and behavioural data
- Managing and syncing the data from multiple sources
7 TYPES OF AUTOMATED WORKFLOWS
Welcome or Introduction Email:
Welcome or introduction triggers basically welcomes the subscriber or buyer depending upon the action or transaction. It can be an Event Registration, Website Visit, Software Download, Form Filling, Email Subscription Activation or
after an Order Completion.
Cross Sell/Up Sell Emails:
Cross-selling or Up-selling triggers offer a related item or service at the same price or lesser I depending on the kind of sell Follow up emails stir up & revitalize the consumer's decision making thought process leading to a repeat
Lead Nurturing Emails:
Typical lead nurturing emails are triggered when a prospect submits a form, puts items in an online shopping cart or expresses interest in your products by any other means. Main objective is to nurture or educate the lead till the final
Customer Satisfaction Emails:
Customer satisfaction emails are follow up emails that normally follows within a few days of business deal (that may be buying of a product or service, online or otherwise).
Cart Abandonment Emails:
Cart abandonment email is an auto responder that invites people to Join back the abandoned cart and finish the purchase.
Every business has inactive leads and such an automated workflow re-engage with them through offers, wishes and more.
Up-coming Purchase Emails:
In case if you have contacts who buy at a regular point of time and skip the purchasing cycle at times, schedule an email for them. Remind them in advance for the upcoming purchase.
WHICH SECTORS ARE THE TOP 3 PERFORMERS?
HOW IS DEVELOPING TRIGGERED EMAIL DIFFERENT ?
A marketing email with dynamic content is typically a static HTML email with simple tags for recipient-specific information that get merged with customer lists. These emails are then sent in bulk by an Email Service Provider (ESP).
A triggered email, on the other hand, is HTML generated by combining a custom template with user data around a specific event, and then sent directly through backend system or using an ESP via API integration.
THINGS TO LOOK FOR WHEN SELECTING A TRIGGERED EMAIL SERVICE PROVIDER
- Delivery tracking
- Full reporting and statistics
- Marketing control with IT integration
- Dynamic content personalization
- Integration with your opt-in email sending tool
- Ability to send text and/or HTML transactional emails
FUTURE OF TRIGGERED EMAILS
- Transactional emails will be fine tuned with improved customer experience especially for on-the-go transactions.
- Triggered emails will grow with the growth of web applications and enhanced mobile functionalities.
- Mobile commerce is growing and with that transactional emails are growing too. Marketers will adapt to cloud based email systems to handle deliverability, deployment and security.
- The State of Retailing Online 2013: Key Metrics and Initiatives (Forrester), 54% of customers are abandoning their carts. Yet only 19% of the top 1000 retailers have abandoned cart programs in place and thus the future of behaviour based auto responders is really bright and wide.
- A large part of triggered campaigns will centre around post-purchase support and follow up emails.
- Event driven drip programs will be booming during holiday seasons.
- More marketers will use behaviour driven emails which will automatically re-engage those who didn't open or click in the previous campaign.
- Retailers will send automated follow up emails to website visitors, based on their browsing behaviour. For Eg. When a visitor browse pages or products, completes form fields etc.
Email Monks offers email design, coding & template customization services to leading brands & agencies across the globe; including support for Triggered Emails. Know more at www.emailmonks.com