QR Code Usage In Legal Marketing
- 4 million US adults used QR codes in June 2011 (Mashable).
- 50% of all local searches are originated on smartphones (Moblix Marketing).
- 85% of legal marketers are familiar with QR codes (Vizibility Survey).
- 35% of legal marketers already use QR codes 80% will use them within 12 months (Vizibility Survey).
- 86% of law firms lanning to use QR codes intend to use them for individual attorneys (Vizibility Survey).
- 47% of legal marketers plan to use QR codes on attorney's business cards (Vizibility Survey).
- 94% of leagal marketers say it is important or critical that the QR code points to a mobile-optimized experience (Vizibility Survey).
- Only 12% of the top 100 US law firms have a mobile optimized website (Vizibility).
- How familiar are you with QR codes?: 1) I am somewhat familiar - 46.1%; 2) I am very familiar - 38.8%; 3) What is a QR code? - 15.1%.
- How are you planning to use QR codes as part of your form's marketing programs?: 1) Brochure and marketing collateral - 51.0%; 2) Business card - 47.1%; 3) Other - 18.1%; 4) Website - 17.2%; 5) Online bio pages - 16.2%;
6) We're not - 25.0%.
- When do you plan to implement QR codes in these marketing programs?: 1) We already use QR codes - 34.9%; 2) Within 3 months - 19.7%; 3) Within 6 months - 14.5%; 4) Within 12 months - 10.5%; 5) Within 24 months - 4.6%;
6) No immediate plans - 15.8%.
- What do you want people to see when they scan an attorney specific QR code?: 1) Biographical information for the attorney - 36.9%; 2) Contact information for the attorney - 17.4%; 3) Other - 16.1%; 4) Corporate wensite (a page
other than the attorney bio page) - 13.4%; 5) Other profile site for the attorney (LinkedIn, Martindale, etc) - 2.0%; 6) We're not using QR codes for individual attorneys - 14.1%.
- How important is it that the QR code point to an experience that is optimized for a smartphone or mobile device?: 1) It's critical - 58.4%; 2) Somewhat important - 35.6%; 3) Not that important - 5.4%; 4) Not important at all - 0.7%.
To determine how the legal industry is using QR codes, in July and August 2011 we surveyed the Legal Marketing Association membership and other professional legal organizations. 84% of all respondents perform marketing/business
development roles within law firms, and 6.5% were attorneys. 60% of all respondents were current LMA members.
Brought to you by Vizibility | (c) 2011 Vizibility Inc. US Patents 7.831.609 and 7.987.173. Other Patents Pending.