Connecting On The Go: Reaching Consumers Through Mobile Marketing
- 91% of smartphone owners have their phone within reach 24/7.
- Americans spend 119 minutes a day on mobile devices in the US. Which is up 50%.
- We are rarely separated from them, and we check our phones every 6.5 minutes (or 150 times daily).
- Mobile-assisted grocery shoppers buy 8%+ more and over 1m+ consumers are already spending over $1b+ in mobile grocery shopping.
- Home Depot indicated m-commerce grew 129% in 2012 and sales from mobile are projected to exceed $650m by 2016.
- 10% of Starbuck's transactions are now done on a mobile device.
- "We consumer content on mobile devices 40x a day. Content on the right context drives engagement" - Time Inc.'s Cyrus Beagley.
- Mobile media spend for digital clients increased 400% last year.
- Mobile marketing generated $139 billion to the US economy in 2012, which is set to rise to $400 billion by 2015.
Compete | Mobile Marketing Association | All tweets taken from mobile marketing association conference. Follow on twitter: #mmaf2013.