A Little Bit About Something Really Really Big: Responsive Web Design
- By the end of 2012, the number of mobile-connected devices will exceed the number of people on Earth.
* Cisco Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2012.
- The mass adoption of smartphones and tablets has changed the way we view the web. No longer tied to a single location, websites need to be accessible at any time, from any place, on any device. The answer? Responsive
- A responsive website automatically adapts to all web-enabled devices, creating a custom user experience for hundreds of millions of mobile customers. Whether they're on a 14" laptop or an iPhone 4S, they won't have to
scroll, zoom and pinch their way around to find the information they need.
- The beauty of responsive design is that you won't have to shell out for a new website every time a new gadget or operating system comes out. You'll save time and money by not maintaining a separate, mobile-friendly
site, and you can relax knowing your customers will be treated to an optimal experience, whether they're at home, on the bus or on vacation.
- Cell searches: 1) Results in a purchase or visit to a business - 90%; 2) Other stuff - 10%.
* Forbes 2012.
- Not sure what a responsive website looks like? Check out one of our recent projects (Great Pacific Adventures). View it on a variety of mobile devices, or click and drag the bottom left-hand corner to see how it adjusts to
North Studio: Drupal Connect.