Sage Email Marketing Survey 2012
Nonprofit development leaders completed a survey designed to discover how nonprofits are using email to improve their fundraising and outreach activities. Some of the survey key findings are listed here.
- Number of respondents - 361.
- Percentage who did not conduct any email marketing - 45%.
- Average of unsubscribe rate - 4%.
Types of campaigns/appeals promoted by email
- Events, such as galas, auctions, and year-end campaigns were selected as the top campaigns and appeals that respondents promote by email.
- Events (galas, auctions) ~ 80%.
- Year-end campaigns ~ 72%.
- Special project appeals ~ 41%.
- Giving challenges ~ 37%.
- Advocacy ~ 35%.
- Volunteer ~ 34%.
- Capital campaigns ~ 28%.
- Membership drives ~ 26%.
- Emergency appeals ~ 23%.
- Pledge drives ~ 16%.
- Other (specify) ~ 14%.
- Races ~ 6%.
- None ~ 2%.
- Money bombs ~ 2%.
Top email marketing objectives
- #1 Keeping supporters informed.
- #2 Attracting & retaining donors.
- #3 Driving online donations.
Most email performance metrics tracked
- #1 Click-through rates.
- #2 Open rate.
- #3 Total contacts.
- #4 Unsubscribe rate.
- #5 Bounceback rate.
- #6 Total new contacts.
Sage | To see the full executive summary of the Sage Nonprofit Insights, Q4 2011 Survey and Results, visit http://bit.ly/Ab0DAY | A survey was conducted in December 2011/January 2012 among Sage Nonprofit
Solutions customers. A total of 361 people responded, 192 of whom have involvement in their organization's email marketing strategy.