State Of Email Communication
- 144.8 billion emails are delivered each day.
- If these emails were letters it would be enough to fill all the homes in Annapolis, MD every day.
- 122 daily emails are received and sent on average by a business professional.
- A stack of printed emails from an office of 150 people would be as tall as the Empire State Building over the course of a year - 14373 ft.
- 42% of corporate email is ignored.
- 50% of emails are misunderstood.
- If 50% was good enough... 3.8 million calls will be misplaced by telecommunication services every minute.
- People switch applications 30 times an hour to answer emails and it takes a minute t refocus attention when we are distracted. That's enough for a person to have an additional part time job.
- Video in marketing email increases conversions 100%.
- Multimedia is limited by the usual maximum email attachment size of 25 Megabytes: 1) 100 digital photos = 800 Mb; 2) 90 second webcam video (MPG) - 36 Mb; 3) Presentation - 3 Mb; 4) Document - 15 Kb.
Sources: Radicati Group, 2012; Radicati Group, 2011; MessageMind Survey; Journal of Personality and Social Psychology; Communications of the ACM; Marketing Sherpa.