The 7 Types of Digital Marketers
Whether you delight in data or geek out over graphics, you've carved a unique niche in the world of digital marketing. And often enough, the niche can become an obsession.
What type of digital marketer are you? And what can you learn from other to boost your bottom line?
- #1 The data-whiz: data-obsessed: 1) 22 separate web activities across 11 devices; 2) Loves testing email campaigns (test call to action - 43%, test time of day - 50%, digital marketers test subjected line - 97%); 3) Who can resist
those analytics. Google Plus favorite social network.
- #2 The e-artiste: adores visually appealing graphics: 1) Pinterest favorite social network; 2) 36.000 visuals can be registered inside the brain in 1 hour; 2) Loves sharing pix online; 3) 65% of people are visual learners; 4) 53% more
Facebook likes with image posts.
- #3 The social media master: caught that social media bug: 1) Facebook favorite social network; 2) Drives >90% of social sharing-generated revenue; 3) 77% of social networking adults have supported a product, company, or service
on a social site; 4) 9 in 10 adult access social media 1+ times per month.
- #4 The beta tester: 1) Everything mainstream is over; 2) Favorite social network. Whatever's beta; 3) Owns every enw device; 4) 1 in 5 adults access websites from 4+ devices in a given week; 5) Obsessed with the activities of
"millennials"; 6) 52% of millennials are above average as early adopters of technology.
- #5 The marketing megaphone: the loudest voice in the room: 1) Loves using symbols and hashtags in email subject lines; 2) 15% increase in open rates with symbols; 3) 4.8% increase with hashtags; 4) Favorite social network
Twitter; 5) Emails thanking customers for joining a mailing list have a 15x higher response rate.
- #6 The old school advertiser: what's wrong with the 60's?: 1) Favorite social network MySpace. As "old school" as social networks get 96% of adults who watch video do so on a good, old-fashioned TV set - so there!; 2) Among the
1 in 4 digital marketers who keep the offline and online experience separate; 3) not among the 1 in 4 social networker aged 50+ who access their networks from a tablet.
- #7 The snarky marketer: knows what you're doing wrong: 1) Favorite social network her personal blog. Ultimate control and access to deep analytics, so inherently better than everything else; 2) What are you doing wrong? Ignoring a
multi-channel marketing; 3) 36% of organizations in the U.S. interact with prospects on 5+ channels; 3) 70% of brands don't personalize their emails; 4) Yet personalized promotional emails result in >6x higher revenue and transaction
Which type of digital marketer are you?
Sources: http://www.experian.com/marketing-services.2013-digital-marketer-report.html; http://www.purduecal.edu/cie/filters/Oct.8.2008.pdf; http://books.google.com/books?