You’ve Got (Video) Mail: Why Businesses Are Incorporating Video Into Email Marketing
For the typical small business, email marketing is used to reach the most relevant audience and drive conversion rates. But today, these email blasts are getting a negative reputation, ending up discarded in spam inboxes.
Enter the YouTube era. Can organizations use interactive video to shake up their business model and appeal to a tech-savvy generation of digital consumers?
Recognizing the influence
- According to a comprehensive report by email marketing company GetResponse, the majority of surveyed small businesses see videos as a vital medium through which to communicate to their audience.
- Most plan to use videos in their emails this year. Do you use video email marketing?: 1) Yes, and I plan to increase the number of video emails -11.9%; 2) Yes, and I expect to send the same number of video emails -
3.8%; 3) Yes, and I won't use as many video emails this year - 0.8%; 4) No, I didn't use it but plan to use it this year - 64%; 5) No, I didn't use it and don't plan to use it this year - 19.5%.
Most effective use of videos in emails?
- Training courses and product demos. Which of the following uses of video emails you consider most effective? Percent of respondents: 1) Training courses - 28.8%; 2) Product demos - 22%; 3) Product promotions -
19.1%; 4) Customer testimonials - 17.8%; 5) Brand image messages - 5.1%; 6) None - 4.7%; 7) Other - 2.5%.
Top business advantages
- Videos have a significant impact on conversion rates. What do you think about the influence of video emails on conversion rates? Percent of respondents: 1) IT increases significantly - 45.5%; 2) IT increases moderately -
20.4%; 3) No influence - 5.1%; 4) Not sure - 28.9%.
- Which of the following benefits do you think video emails provide? Percent of respondents: 1) INcreased click-through and conversion rates - 53.8%; 2) Enhanced brand image - 36.8%; 3) Increased customer loyalty -
34%; 4) Reduced support and training costs - 22.2%; 5) Other - 3.3%.
How to successfully embed videos into an email campaign
- Sure, including moving pictures in your strategy can gain attention, but does it garner any value? Here is a checklist to incorporate videos the right way.
- The video should: 1) Add value to the viewer's experience. If recipients of the emails don't take anything away from the video, consider it fruitless; 2) Achieve campaign objectives. More conversions? More clicks?
Pageviews? Map out goals beforehand, and make sure the video addresses these goals; 3) Match the brand experience. Does it fit with everything else you send? Keep the video topics and aesthetics consistent with
your brand to build distinguishable tone; 4) Have a reasonable bandwidth. An important factor when embedding videos is bandwidth consumption. When it comes to people who browse the videos on their mobile
devices, it's especially important that the footage doesn't require too much bandwidth.
WISTIA - Share Video Like A Boss | Created by Column Five | Sources: Smallbiztrends.com; Getresponse.com; Emailmarketingreports.com.