Tips For Running Effective Meetings
- Email an agenda 24 hours in advance.
- Arrive 5 minutes early.
- Start and end on time.
- Come prepared.
- No smartphones.
- Bring paper and pen.
- Share all relevant data.
- Stay on topic.
- Be brief and concise.
- No interrupting.
- Silence = agreement.
- No side conversations or comments.
- Disagree without being disagreeable. Everyone participates.
- Challenge ideas rather than people.
- Follow-up by email within 24 hours.
Meeting by the numbers
- 25 million - the amount of meeting that take place in corporate America daily.
- P&G eliminated 18-24 days of meetings per person per annum using QuickBase.
- 47 percent - the percentage of workers who cited "too many meetings" as the No. 1 time-waster at the office.
- 2 hours, 39 minutes - the average time an employee wastes in meetings every week.
- 45 percent - the percentage of senior executives surveyed that believe their employees would be more productive if their firms banned meetings for a least one-day a week.
- 11 minutes - the average amount of time it takes for people's attention to drift in a meeting.
Intuit QuickBase | Source: http://quickbase.intuit.com/customers/procter-&-gamble-(p&g); http://www.salary.com/wasting-time-at-work-2-12/slide/11; http://www.people4business.com/content/business-meetings-that-take-the-