Twitter: Tips For Twitter Time Management
- 5 pm is the best time of day to be active on Twitter if you want to be retweeted.
- A study showed that people using Internet for personal reasons was actually 9% more productive.
- Email statistics and projections indicate that, by 2011, the average number of corporate emails sent and received per person each day will be 288 (up from 142 in 2007).
- Those of us who are connected to the Internet (2 billion) and that of US, have been distracted by social multi-media publishing machines that are pumping out staggering amounts of content with enticing high definition
images and videos!
- One is every nine people on Earth is on Facebook (this number is calculated by dividing the planet's 6.94 billion people by Facebook's 750 million users).
- YouTube generates 92 billion page views per month (these YouTube stats don't include videos viewed on phones and embedded in websites).
- Twitter is adding nearly 500.000 users a day.
- 190 million average Tweets per day occur in Twitter.
- Social networking is still the fastest-growing active social media behavior online, increasing from 36% of global Internet users to 59% managing their profile on a monthly basis by the end of 2011.
- The research, called how Africa Tweets, shows the average age of users to be 20-29 with some 57% of Tweets coming from mobile devices.
- 800 million active users, Facebook is continuing to take the place of local offerings or other international competitors.
- A number of African nations were mapped through Tweets, including a number in less tech-connected countries like Angola, Ethiopia, Mali and Sudan.
- 1.2 billion users worldwide - 82% of the world's Internet population over the age of 15 now log on to social networks.
- Close to 65% of all smartphone users in the US visited a social network in October, two in five used their mobile device to connect to a social network nearly every day.
- Twitter now boasts 100 million active users, about a fifth of whom are in the USA.
- 34% of the marketers have generated leads using Twitter, and 20% have closed deals using Twitter.
- B2B marketers are spending millions of dollars annually on social-marketing programs, though nearly 30% are not tracking the impact of social media programs on lead generation and sales.
- 91% of online American adults (approx. 129 million) access some form of social media each month.
- 65% of social media-using teens have had an experience on a social networking site that made them feel good about themselves.
- 58% of social media-using teens have felt closer to another person because of an experience on a social networking site.
- 41% of social media-using teens have experienced at least one negative outcome as a result of using a social networking site.
- 29% of Internet sex crime relationships were initiated on a social networking site.
- 38% of Facebook users in the last year were under the age of 13.
- 62% of parents of teens ages to 13-14 are "friends" with their child are Facebook.
- Being "On" all-day, every day is a recipe for social burnout. Give yourself technology downtime where you don't interact.
- Organizing Twitter accounts into lists is one way to hone in on important Tweets.
- If you are using Twitter for business you should have a schedule.
- Technology tools, like Hootsuite, allow you to schedule a day's worth of post in one quick upload. What that means is you can get out the information you wish to share that day and use your power sessions to focus
- Twitter Feed is a common automatic (automatic + magic) tools for maintaining your social media activity. Again, it's not a replacement for interacting, but a useful tool for pulling fresh content into your Tweet stream.
- Prior to opening up Twitter to work online, it's important to decide how much time you can comfortably spend on your upcoming session.
- Make Tweets when the greatest number of followers will see them. You'll be able to make far fewer Tweets and participate in many more conversations at the same time.
- Set aside certain batches of time for Twitter, rather than just dropping into it at random times during the day. Ten international minutes on Twitter can help a lot.
- You don't have to Tweets everything right away. Keep right away. Keep a notepad to hand, or some note taking device if you prefer, take notes of ideals of things to Tweet later.
Sources: http://seanclark.com/twitter/9-tips-for-better-time-management-on-twitter; http://stevegedon.com/2010/02/26/personal-time-management-statistics; http://thesocialskinny.com/100-more-social-media-statistics-
for-2012; http://www.cmswire.com/cms/customer-experience/35-key-twitter-statistics-infographic-012384.php; http://www.internetsafety101.org/Socialnetworkingstats.htm; http://www.jeffbullas.com/2011/09/02/20-
stunning-social-media-statistics; http://www.karenleland.com/2009/08/08/learn-to-manage-your-twitter-time; http://www.keyorganization.com/facebook-and-productivity.php; http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/social-
media-statistics_b17188; http://www.momeomagazine.com/10=twitter-time-management-tips-how-to-avoid-the-time-vortx-of-twitter; http://www.roostercomm.com/twitter-time-managemtnt-tools-and-tips;