Why Do Marketers Choose Email?
Did you know... Constant Contact customers are on track to send over 30 billion emails in 2011? That's up from just under 28 billion in 2010.
- Both environmentally and financially.
It gets better response rates
- The average direct mail campaign gets a 1-2% response rate, while the average EMM campaigns gets a 20-30% open rate.
It's more measurable
- Opens and clicks can be tracked, and emails can be split-tested for effectiveness.
Consumers prefer it
- Emails is the preferred method of commercial communication by 74% of all online adults.
It's the first and most frequent thing people check
- 83% reported that email is the first tool they check when going online for their business each day.
- 72% check 6 or more times a day.
- Even Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg said that email is the first thing she checks in the morning and the last thing at night.