Women in Small Business
Women-owned businesses represent one of the fastest-growing segments of the U.S. economy.
- From 1997 to 2007, women-owned firms grew 44 percent - twice as fast as men-owned firms.
- 77% of women founded their own business.
- Of these 72% had never owned businesses before.
- Nearly 2/3 of women-owned businesses have full-time paid employees.
- 58% of women small business owners do not have a bachelor's degree.
- 7.8 million - number of women-owned businesses in the United States.
- Call to action! Only 19 percent of women business owners are minorities, and when it comes to wages, women still earn only 80.2 cents for every dollar a man earns.
Starting Points for Achievers.
16 Success July 2012.
Source: National Women's Business Council.