Beer: A Glance At St.Patrick’s Day Libations
Special! There may be a slew of misconceptions surrounding the holiday, but one thing is for sure: people drink beer. Lots of beer. Prepare yourself for one of the most beer-friendly days of the year with some big statistics
bound to billow your brew-wisdom.
- On St. Paddy's Day, an estimated 4.2 billion pints are poured worldwide.
- That's enough to fill 795 Olympic-sized swimming pools, 13.000.000 pints of Guinness poured.
- US beer profits on St. Paddy's Day are about $245 million.
- If the average cost of a pint is $2.50, Americans consume 98.000.000 pints on St. Paddy's Day alone.
- The best-perceived beer brands advertised for St. Paddy's are. Buzzworthy brew champs. Based on survey that polled adults in NYC, Chicago and Boston. "Buzz scores" are based on negative feedback subtracted from positive
feedback and range from -100 to 100. Color indicates the city boasting the most feedback (NYC, Chicago, Boston): 1) Samuel Adams (Boston - 18.5); 2) Budweiser (Boston - 14.2); 3) Bud Light; 4) Heineken (NYC - 12.4); 5) Corona
Extra (Chicago - 12.8); 6) Guinness (NYC - 9.3); 7) Dos Equis (Chicago - 7.8).
Prime Social Marketing | www.primesocialmarketing.com; Twitter - @Prime_Social | Research and design by Pat DePuy; Twitter - @PSM_patrick.
Sources: National Geographic, Guinness, IBISWorld, Bloomberg, YouGov BrandIndex.