The Shelf Market
- Leading multinational companies Nestle (Loumidis Coffee) and Sara Lee (Bravo Coffee) make up 80% of the Greek supermarket shelves (packed coffee products). Nestle, Bravo.
- 4% of the coffee market shares belong to Coffee Connection - the biggest retail chain of modern coffee shops under the trade name Coffee Way - while it also has its own processing plant of 1.000 tons capacity.
- 25.000 tons of coffee is annually sold in Greece.
- The Greek coffee market is worth 300 million Euros.
- 1.000 traditional coffee shops remain open in Greece, led by Coffee Connection S.A.
- 10% - espresso.
- 15% - filter.
- 25% - instant.
- 50% - Greek coffee.
Metal coffee box from 1965.