- The world's most expensive cocktail. Created by supreme booze-wizard Salvatore Calabrese, it uses ingredients totaling around $8.830. That's about 400 24-pack cases of Coors Light.
- The world's most expensive bottle of whiskey. Sold for $460.000. It contained the oldest scotch in Macallan history - a 64 year old single malt. You could buy a house for that price.
- Expect to pay up to a 400% markup for a glass of wine at a restaurant. If you pay $5 for a pint of beer, that cost the restaurant 25 cents per dollar, and you just paid a 65% markup!
- The world;s most expensive bottle of wine. A 1811 Château d'Yquem set a Guinness World Record when it sold for the equivalent of $120.000 U.S. dollars. About the price of a brand new Audi R8!
- The world's most expensive bottle of champagne & largest bar bill. $200.000 U.S. dollars (£125.000) for a 30-litre Midas bottle of Armand de Brignac, known as Ace of Spades. 23-year old Ale Hope bought this 100 pound bottle to
contribute to the world's largest bar bill, equaling $320.000 U.S. dollars (£200.000).
- Drinking around the world: 1) The most expensive country to have a beer is considered Greenland, with a beer average costing about $12; 2)The drunkest city in the U.S. in 2011 was considered to be Boston. Adults on average there
drink 15.5 drinks per person per month; 30 The cheapest country to drink is considered Tadjikistan, costing a mere 50 cents for a pint of beer.
- America's top imported beers: 1) Corona Extra; 2) Heineken; 3) Beck's; 4) Modelo Especial; 5) Sam Adams; 6) Guinness Stout; 7) Newcastle Brown Ale; 8) Sierra Nevada Pale Ale; 9) Blue Moon; 10) Yuengling Traditional Lager.
Brought to you by Merwin Liquors | www.shopmerwins.com.
Sources: http://www.theatlanticcities.com/arts-and-lifestyle/2012/10/london-bartener-makes-worlds-most-expensive-cocktail/3625; http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/most-expensive-macallan-whisky-enters-guiness-book-
world-records; http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Restaurant-markups-deconstructed-2370995.php; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2018895/Worlds-expensive-white-wine-sold-75-000-1811-Ch-teau-
dYquem.html; http://www.pintprice.com/top10expensive.php; http://www.pintprice.com/top10affordable.php; http://www.healthland.time.com/2012/01/04/americas-drunkest-cities; http://www.pintprice.com/top10beers.php;