In The Loop With Rewardloop: Milano Coffee
Historically, the best path to customer insight has been through surveys and nonspecific loyalty incentives like punch cards. It's difficult (and time-consuming!) to learn much about your customer base this way. Imagine knowing what products your best customers prefer, how often they come in, what days and times they come in and how much they've spent over time! See how one Vancouver coffee shop has gained real concrete perspective on their customer base through a loyalty program that gets results.
How rewardloop works
- The program is unique in offering rewards for value spent rather than check-ins.
- Customers scan the code to get virtual stamps based on spend.
- Rewardloop illustrates the power of transactional mobile loyalty driven by point-of-sale data.
- Customize your earning requirements and rewards to suit your business.
About Milano coffee
- Vancouver coffee shop reviving Milanese coffee traditions 1984.
- Prior to rewardloop, Milano had paper punch cards - but they were used on only 1-2% of transactions per day, and there was no way to capture customer data.
- They wanted a better solution... and they found one with rewardloop.
- Milano Loyalty Program.
- Minimum spend for a stamp $2.00.
- 12 stamps to fill.
- Reward. Free drink, up to a $4.000 value.
Milano Boutique Coffee Roasters.
- Rewardloop's plug-and-play adaptor is compatible with 85% of POS systems using countertop printers, so the technology isn’t a hassle - and it’s affordable, so the price isn't a hassle either
- First day - 15 customers opted in.
- First month - 231 customers opted in.
- After 3 months - 437 customers total opted in.
- Average 4.8 new customers a day.
- 3.147 transactions.
- 351 rewards earned.
- 84% of rewards resulted in a redemption visit within 30 days.
It isn't only customers getting rewards
- 437 loyalty rewards customers = 437 email addresses collected for marketing and promotions.
- Using other programs, Milano would only know how many customers came into (or near) their store...
- ...but with transaction-based loyalty rewards, they instead know details about their best customer:
Favorite beverage: Medium Americano with a double espresso shot.
Favorite snack: Veggie sandwich.
Spent $506.69 across 84 visits.
Usually visits 2x on weekdays: Morning and mid-afternoon.
- 10x customers engagement has increased 10x.
- 23% of Milano's daily transactions are from loyalty customers.
- Compared to only 2% of daily transactions using punch cards.
Keeping competition out of the loop
- Rewardloop's customer engagement outperforms a multi-billion dollar coffee company - but is accessible to even small neighborhood coffee shops, restaurants, and retailers.
- Engagement also soars above Milano's customer stats on a popular check-in based program, achieving - in only its first month - user engagement levels comparable to the 11-month results on the other program
- Rewardloop leverages item level data from your POS receipts to deliver real-time enterprise-grade business intelligence, rich customer profiles, and opportunities for personalized marketing, features not possible using other transactional or check-in based programs.
- On top of it all, Rewardloop is future-proof - as NFC phones enter the market, the company will keep you current by running QR and NFC loyalty programs side-by-side during the NFC evolution.
In summary: if you reward them, they will come!
Follow Milano's lead to increase your opportunities for engagement, customer insight and guidance for everything from inventory to promotions.