The Pinoy Ba Sugar Mo? Is Your Sugar Pinoy
"Pinoy" - an informal demonym referring to the Filipino people from the the Philippines.
Did you know?
- In 2011, approximately 2000 metric tons of sugar was confiscated as illegal.
- More than a cargo ship's weight in sugar is smuggled into Philippines every year.
- Bagasse steam, from a ton of sugarcane, can powel all the lights of a Filipino household.
- Fabric, from a ton of processed sugarcane can clothe 450 Filipinos.
- A natural fertilizer left by the settling of sugarcane juice. Filter cake, from a ton of processed sugarcane can fertilize the area of 6 basketball courts.
- Bio-fuel, from a ton of processed sugarcane can gas up to 20 motorcycles.
- Sugardine, a mix of sugar and iodine can be used to better treat abscesses and wounds.
- Once sugar is applied to the wound, it helps dehydrate bacteria which promotes growth of new tissues.
- Sugar is warning label free.
- Sugar is pure enough to include in vitamins.
- A tablespoon of sugar is only 16 calories.
Sugar vs. diabetes
- Diabetes is a disorder of the metabolism, not diet.
- Sugar doesn't cause diabetes.
- Diabetics however, must monitor their sugar intake.