Hamburger University has become the company's global center of excellence for training and leadership development.
#1 McDonald's facts
- There are more than 32.000 restaurants that serve over 64 million people in 117 countries each day.
- In 1966, Ronald McDonald was introduced in a commercial. By 1971, he had made new friends.
- 1 in every 8 American workers has been employed by McDonald's.
- More than 80% of restaurants are independently owned.
- McDonald's is the world's largest distributor of toys.
- More than 75 hamburgers are sold every second.
- McDonald's claims the 68th biggest economy.
- The first Happy Meal debuts in 1979.
- More than 1 million workers are hired annually in the US.
- McDonald's delivers in 18 countries.
- Jay Leno worked here before he was famous.
#2 What is it?
- It is a training facility designed to instruct McDonald's personnel in the various aspects of the business, including:
- Consistent restaurant operations.
- The first Hamburger University was founded in a McDonald's restaurant in Illinois. Fifteen students graduated that year. USA - 1961.
- In 2010, a $36.6 million Hamburger University was built in Shanghai, China. China - 2010.
- Brazil - 1997.
- UK - 1981.
- Germany - 1982.
- Japan - 1971.
- Australia - 1989.
- Hamburger University instructs students from more than 119 countries.
- This corporate university was designed to instruct personnel in the many aspects of restaurant management.
- Instrument: $40 million was invested in 1983.
- University staff: 1) 22 regional training teams in the US; 2) HU uses a variety of learning techniques, including elements of self-study and classroom training; 3) 64 full-time global HU Professors on staff.
- Students: 1) 5.000 students attend annually; 2) 40% of senior management graduated from HU; 3) More than 250.000 employees, suppliers and franchisees have graduated from HU; 4) More than 80.000 managers,
mid-managers and owners have graduated from Hamburger University.
- University facility: 1) 12 interactive education team rooms; 2) Interpreters can teach in 28 languages; 3) 13 teaching rooms; 4) 3 kitchen labs; 5) The very first students had to complete courses such as chemistry,
marketing, and cooking so that when they graduate, they could help increase the company's profits; 6) Restaurant employees receive about 32 hours of training in their first month with McDonald's.
Online Colleges | Sources: McDonald's; Walletpop; Business Insider; Huffington Post | Information provided by: http://www.onlinecolleges.net.