SUPER FOODS THAT INCREASE YOUR METABOLISM
- If you're looking to jumpstart your metabolism, start your morning off with a bowl of oatmeal. This super food is rich in fat soluble fiber, which requires a lot of calories to break down. Eating oatmeal can also help decrease your
cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Studies indicate that eating grapefruit can reduce insulin levels. Lower insulin levels after meals can help your body process food more quickly and efficiently. This means that you burn more calories and store less fat.
#3 Hot peppers
- Adding some spice to your food can speed up your weight loss. Hot peppers, like jalapenos, contain a chemical called capsaicin, which gives these veggies their heat and causes a spike in your metabolism. This chemical also keeps the
calorie burning going hours after you've finished your meal.
#4 Salmon and tuna
- High levels of the hormone leptin have been linked to slower metabolisms and weight gain. A good way to lower leptin levels is to increase your intake of fish. The oil found in fish like salmon and tuna has been shown to cut leptin
levels and help your body process foods more effectively.
#5 Low-fat yogurt
- Low-fat yogurt is one of the best foods to eat if you're trying to lose weight and boost your metabolism. Yogurt is full of calcium and protein. It gives you the energy your body needs to keep going all day and helps you build lean
muscle mass. Yogurt can also help regulate your digestive tract.
#6 Spices, garlic & ginger
- Hot spicy food will temporarily shift your metabolic rate into high gear. Capsaicin, a compound found in hot peppers, stimulates your body to release more stress hormones, such as adrenaline, thereby speeding up your metabolism
and increasing your ability to burn calories. Ginger and garlic raises your body temperature and helps to stimulate your body's fat burning mechanisms. Garlic also boosts your immune system and helps prevents colds and flu's.
- Broccoli is rich in both calcium and vitamin C. These two vitamins work together to help you bum calories faster and more effectively. Calcium activates your metabolism, while vitamin C helps you absorb more calcium.
- Almonds may be high in calories, but they are also jam packed with essential fatty acids which are great metabolism boosters.
#6 Green tea
- The caffeine found in green tea accelerates your heart rate and speeds up your metabolism. The tea also contains a chemical, known as EGCG, that stimulates the nervous system and helps you to bum calories at a faster rate.
#7 Lean proteins
- The protein found in chicken, turkey and other lean meats takes a great deal of energy to break down. Therefore, your body bums a lot of calories during the digestive process. Protein is also an essential ingredient in building lean
muscle mass, which bums more calories than fat.
- High fiber non-starchy vegetables have the most thermogenic properties and also have minimal impact on your insulin levels which helps to regulate your metabolism. The best vegetables choices are cabbage, brussel sprouts,
asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, endives, celery, tomatoes, and peppers.
- Make sure to include a variety of fresh fruit to your diet. Fruit is well known for cleansing the body since it contains lots of fiber, water, and vitamins. Fruit is readily available and comes in its own neat little natural packages which
makes it easy to pack and keeps well. The best fruit choices are apples, citrus fruit, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, melons, mangoes, kiwi, and pineapple. Choose fruits that are high in vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin
B12, potassium, and phosphorus as they are necessary for efficient operation of your metabolism.
- It is important to keep yourself hydrated to encourage optimal bodily functions including speeding up your metabolism. Metabolism is increased briefly due to the process of the stomach warming the water and the energy used to
eliminate waste from the kidneys. Drinking eight 8 oz glasses of cold or ice water a day burns an extra 100 calories.
KSL | www.kirklandsciencelabs.com.