The Health Benefits of Coffee vs Tea
Coffee or Tea? There's a growing body of research to suggest that both are good for you in different ways.
- Coffee - £270.366. 2004 ~ £180.000, 2005 - £145.000, 2006 - £138.000, 2006 - £160.000, 2007 - £170.000.
- Tea - £550.113. 2004 ~ £510.000, 2005 - £520.000, 2006 - £590.000, 2007 - £540.000.
Coffee and tea - health benefits
- White tea may help prevent obesity, White tea was found to inhibit the growth of new fat cells.
- White tea has been found to have a higher concentration of antioxidants in it which may actually be more effective preventing some diseases than green tea.
- Studies have shown that Green Tea reduces the risk of esophageal cancer in women by 60%.
- Green tea has thermogenic properties fat oxidation beyond that explained by its caffeine content.
- Drinking coffee over a long period of time may reduce the risk of dying from heart disease.
- People who drink more coffee have been found to be less likely to suffer Alzheimer's disease later in life.
- White Tea was found that the antioxidants in white Tea had anti-aging potential, may help prevent some cancers, as well as inflammation and heart disease. Drinking tea too hot increases the risk of Esophageal cancer.
- Scientists believe that chemicals found in coffee could be used to make new drugs to treat heart disease and insomnia. Over 1000 chemicals have been found in roasted coffee with 19 being known carcinogens.
Coffee: caffeine per cup (in mg.)
- Filter ~ 140.
- Espresso ~ 17.
- Brewed ~ 150.
- Instant ~ 110.
- Decaf (brewed) ~ 5.
- Decaf (instant) ~ 3.
health, caffeine, flavour.
Tea: caffeine per cup (in mg.)
- White ~ 24.
- Black ~ 65,
- Gree ~ 30.
Tea - health,
Tea and coffee facts
- Tea may help prevent the development of type 1 diabetes and slow the progression once it has developed.
- Men who drink more than 10 cups of green tea per day are less likely to develop disorders of the liver.
- Green Tea may offer some protection against lung cancer according to studies.
- Tea contains a large amount of Tannin. Tanin reduces the absorption of iron in the body which can lead to Anemia.
- Drinking 3 to 4 cups of tea a day can cut the chance of a heart attack.
- Tea can protect against heart disease and some cancers
- Tea hydrates rather than the common conception that the caffeine in it dehydrates.
- Tea contains caffeine which has been proven to cause anxiety and rises in blood pressure.
- Tea contains fluoride which protects teeth.
- People who drink black tea 4 times a day for 6 weeks were found to have lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Tea may contain pesticides, even if it's been labelled as organic.
- Adding milk may also stop the benefits tea has against cancer.
- Studies have shown that coffee helps prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Caffeine increases the effectiveness of painkillers and coffee contains caffeine.
- Coffee improves short term recall as well as improved reaction times. The largest improvement was seen in the elderly.
- A study in Denmark showed that drinking 8 or more cups of coffee a day significantly increased the risk of stillbirths.
- Drinking coffee has been shown to decrease the risk of developing Gout in men over 40.
- Coffee protects the liver, especially against cirrhosis and liver cancer.
- Coffee causes tooth discoloration.
- Research has shown that coffee decreases blood flow to the heart.
Insurance powered by people
Sources: http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v61/n/full/1602489a.html, http://www.ucl.ak.uk/media/livrary/tea, http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/139794.php, http://www.suite101.com/content/white-tea-health-
benefits-may-be-more-effective-than-green-tea-a245646, http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/04/000410084553.htm, http://www.healthywhitetea.com/docs/LPI-Inkos_Release.pdf,
http://www.nutritionalandmetabolism.com/content/6/1/20, http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/green-tea-000255,htm, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8453628.htm, http://eurhealth.oxfordjournals.org/content/28/2/219,
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn10913, http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/5905897?src=cmemp, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannin#cite_note-autogenerated_1-27,
http://www.manlyteas.com/2007/05/pesticides-and-tea.html, http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/294/1/97.full, http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/156/5/445.abstract, http://www.realcoffee.co.uk/Coffee-
Encyclopedia/Trivia/Consumption-Facts, http://wwwstatistics.gov.uk/statbase/Product.asp?vink=761&More=N, http://www.the-color-of-tea.com/tea-vs-coffee.html, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_tea,
http://www.millage.com/top-10-health-benefits-drinking-tea/4-a-108301, http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Diet/story?id=2123324, http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Lbatleaobrews.htm,