THE PALEO DIET CHEAT SHEET: THE DOS AND DONT'S
- Meat, Vegetables, Certain Fats (for cooking: Animal Fats, Coconut oil, Macadamia Oil, Olive Oil (low heat) and Palm Oil. For eating: Avocados, Coconut Milk, (flax oil and nuts), Seafood, Fruit, Eggs, Some Nuts and
Seeds, Raw Honey (just a teensy weensy bit).
- Keep track of your point system: 1) You start each week with 100 points: -1 for eating no-no foods; +1 for every time you do something good, exercising.
- Keep a diet log: 1) Restrict your amount of nut intake to about 2 ounces per day; 2) Experiment with Sea Vegetables; 3) Stick to drinking filtered or spring water and herbal tea; 4) Use salt but unrefined sea salt;
5) Drink a couple of filters of water per day: Not only will this detoxify your body but also it will appetite and increase stamina; 6) Do eat out but be mindful of what is on the do not eat list and work around that; 7) Write
down your goals for the duration of your diet; 8) Remember your cravings only last for 10 minutes.
Do not eat
- Refined Sugar (cane sugar, “white” sugar, brown sugar, agave, fake sugars, etc.), Sugary Drinks, Grains (wheat, rice, oats, quinoa, spelt, amaranth, buckwheat, etc. That means pasta, bread, cookies, pastries, oatmeal,
cake, etc.), Vegetable Oils (like corn, safflower, sunflower, grape seed, cotton seed or other high omega-6 oils), Legumes (beans, soy, lentils, peanuts), Coffee or otherwise Caffeinated Beverages, Dairy (milk, yogurt,
cheese, butter, cream, sour cream, Cheez-lts, etc.)
- Buy non-quality food: 1) Make sure what you're buying/eating is fresh and not processed; 2) Pasteurized juices; 3) Do not eat peanuts: They are legumes not nuts!; 4) Do not binge on coffee, alcohol, chocolate, dried fruit,
caffeinated teas and honey: Consume in moderation only; 5) Do not eat refined sugars: Get your sugar naturally from foods like fruit; 6) Do not think all oils are the same: Avoid oil vegetable oils, they contain high omega
6 omega levels; 7) Do not starve yourself: Make sure you're consuming a balanced amount of water, carbohydrates, fruits, vegetables, etc; 8) Do not have anything tempting in your kitchen!: Take all of the restricted foods
of your home, so that a sudden craving doesn't tempt you; 9) Do not disregard the meal plan: It will throw your stomach off if you stray too far from the plan.