HOW TO BUY ORGANIC WINE
"Laboratory studies show that pesticides can cause health problems, such as birth defects, nerve damage & cancer."
The US Environmental Protection Agency
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
Beyond organic. In addition to being 100% organic, the grower works to bring the farming process more closely in tune with nature. The concept of biodynamic farming came from the early 20th-century Austrian philosopher, Rudolf
"100% ORGANIC WINE"
Made from 100% organically grown ingredients. The label bears the USDA Organic seal. No sulfites are added, though it can contain naturally occurring sulfites (or sulfur dioxide).
95% organically grown ingredients (the other 5% must not be available organically). Bears the USDA Organic seal, No sulfites are added, though the wine can contain naturally occurring sulfites.
"MADE WITH ORGANIC GRAPES" OR "WITH ORGANIC INGREDIENTS"
Wine that contains at least 70% organic ingredients. Sulfites can be added, but it may not beyond 100 parts per million
WHERE TO FIND ORGANIC WINE
Health food stores Gourmet shops Specialty markets Direct from the winery Order online
ORGANIC WINE FROM EUROPE
For European wines, look for the words "Vin Biologique" or "Organic Wine"
Created by: CHEESESLAVE.COM