10 Reasons Why Dogs Are Better Than Boyfriends
- #1 They're great listeners. Whether you're dealing with a hard day at work, a jealous friend, or an overbearing mother - you always have their uninterrupted attention.
- #2 Dogs never force you to go to sports games or stay out late at the bar. They're happy to stay in & 'help' you cook. While boyfriends may be critical of your culinary skills, dogs will lap it up & beg for more.
- #3 They like you just the way you are. You can get a bad haircut, wear a mismatching outfit, or gain a few pounds. But to them, you're perfect in every way.
- #4 You can almost always teach an old dog new tricks. Training a dog is as easy as rewarding them with a treat. Boyfriends, on the other hand, can take many years of coaching & still be unsuitable for public.
- #5 Your mother will love your dog (she might even call them her grandchild). There's no approval needed when you bring home a new pup - she'll feed & spoil them - even if they cause a "stink."
- #6 Dogs love your friends and they're always down to hang with the girls. Bring along some treats and they're happy to join in on shopping excursions (especially if they can fit in your purse).
- #7 They love to snuggle up anytime of day or night. If you're sick, they'll cuddle with you for hours and won't say a word about your current aesthetic state or number of Kleenexes on the bed.
- #8 Dogs are happy to join in any exercise routine - and unlike a boyfriend, they won't judge your technique, try to time your reps, or correct your form.
- #9 They always let you watch what you want (but you might be sharing the popcorn). Plus, they won't ask you to explain why you love sappy chick-flicks or vampire dramas. The remote is all yours.
- #10 You're never too old for your dog. They'll never prefer a younger owner and they'll love you no matter how many miles on your clock, or wrinkles around your eyes.
Thanks for ten great years! We love you and your best, pawed, friend.