7 Dos and Don’ts of Mobile App Marketing
- #1 Add novelty to your app - rip-offs don't work.
- #2 Optimize your app for the app store - mere submission doesn't guarantee visibility. The first line of the description should mention what the app does and grab the attention of users. Keywords - you have 100 characters to play
- #3 Set the stage for app success - without a marketing plan your efforts will fall flat; 1) Competitive analysis; 2) Website setup; 3) Social profiles; 4) Media setup; 5) Teasers and trailers; 6) PR activities; 7) App store optimization.
- #4 Target the right segment of users - don't take your app to the wrong audience.
- #5 Price your app suitably - overpricing or underpricing will affect downloads & revenue.
- #6 Release version updates regularly - don't ignore feedback.
- #7 Measure & track your app's progress continuously - marketing is not a one-time effort.
Successful app marketers make use of the best strategies to help apps reach their target audience & boost downloads.
Conceptualized & designed by: DCI - "Make you Apps Discoverable"; www.dotcominfoway.com | Dot Com Infoway Names Best Mobile App Marketing Agency by About.com.