KEEP YOUR CANINE COOL AND COMFY DURING THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER!
DID YOU KNOW...?
Dogs are more prone to heat stroke because they don't sweat like us. They mainly cool themselves through panting.
Heatstroke is serious and scary. It can lead to organ failure and death if not treated right away.
EARLY WARNING SIGNS YOUR DOG IS OVERHEATING
- Tongue appears bright red
- Panting hard
- Acts sluggish
HOW TO KEEP YOUR DOG COOL
- Get your dog a good dog house or dog tent to keep the sun off them.
- Get your dog a cooling bed, pad or mat.
OTHER TIPS AND TRICKS TO KEEP YOUR DOG COOL THIS SUMMER
- Tie a wet bandana around your dog's neck.
- Set up a fan, so air circulates where your dog hangs out.
- Always make sure your dog has fresh water and shade.
Infographic provided by TheUncommonDog.com
A great place to find cooling dog beds, mats, and pads.
As well as, an in depth guide to keeping your dog cool this summer.