The Modern Marketer: Part Artist, Part Scientist
- Written content. Inbound marketing has become the go-to strategy for modern marketers, putting a premium on writing skill.
- Visual assets. Visual content grabs consumers' attention, making it a valuable marketing resource.
- Social media. Social media has changed the way marketers interact with consumers, making managing digital relationships an important skill.
- Email marketing. Email remains the workhorse of most modern marketing departments. Best practices and design remain essential skills for marketers.
- Performance tracking. Marketing can no longer afford to be a cost center and the modern marketer should track all marketing activities and campaigns.
- Operations. With more responsibility and fewer resources, marketers must be experts in budgeting and operations.
- Analytics. Marketers need to be data experts, able to see major trends and important takeaways in a mass of data at a glance.
- Campaign performance. Using tools like Salesforce to understand campaign performance is an essential skill for the modern marketer.
Pardot - an Exact Target company.