White Van Man. The Definitive Facts & Figures
- Did you know there are around 2.5 million White Vans in the U.K. (Wow!)
- This is 1 White Van to every 24 members of the UK population.
- Where are the most White Vans Drivers?
1st - Essex.
2nd - Kent.
3rd - Lancashire.
- Who invented the term "White Van Man"?
The term "White Van Man" was first coined by Sarah Kennedy on BBC Radio 2 back in 1997.
- The average distance driven in a year by a UK White Van Man is 9426 miles.
- That's the equivalent of driving the length of the country almost 13 and a half times. (Last End, John O'Groats).
- £1026 is the average value of contents in every man,
- White Van Drivers are a careful bunch!
66% of the drivers have no insurance claims. (Take it easy)
- They are also intelligent.
More than 1/2 of drivers are regular bookworms... and passionate!
- Over 1 in 20 have seized the moment and had a "romantic engagement" in their van.
- You would need 772 White Vans to move 1 billion cheesy wotsits. (What?!)