Some Game Stats That May Surprise You
#1 The gaming is bigger than you think!
While there are 61.8 million people living in the U.K. there are:
- 54.9 million playing FarmVille.
- 50 million playing Angry Birds.
- 24 million playing Call of Duty.
- 12 million playing World of Warcraft.
- 8.1 million playing Halo Reach.
Let's see that in a graph!
- 61.8 million U.K. population.
- FarmVille - 40 million playing.
- Angry Birds - 50 million playing.
- Call of Duty - 24 million playing .
- World of Warcraft - 12 million playing .
- Halo Reach - 8.1 million playing .
#2 Gaming is all grown up.
While the average age of a person in the U.K. is 39 years:
- 43 years - the PC gamers average.
- 32 years - the gamers average.
- 42 years - the Facebook gamers average.
#3 Gaming is serious business!
The U.K. gaming market revenue is more than double that of the film industry and surpasses the music industry more than three fold:
- Gaming industry - £2880 million.
- Film industry - £1076 million.
- Music history - £2 billion.
#4 Games don't kill people
According to secret service stats on school shootings:
- 12% of culprits play violent video games.
- 24% of culprits read violent books.
- 27% of culprits watch violent films.
This is not a murder weapon