Analytics Adventure. The Game of Analytics for Social Game Developers.
- Congrats on the launch of your game! You've identified your target audience and clone a soft launch. Now it's time to start acquiring users.
- Cost of acquisition less than $1? Move forward 2 spaces. Higher? remove most expensive channels and go back to start!
- K-Factor above 1.0? Move forward 2 spaces. Below 0.5? Fix your gifting, invites and messaging systems.
- Before advancing, understand what country your users are coming from, what gender they are, and what referral sources are most effective.
- Are you DAUs still growing? Cost of acquisition is reasonable? Congrats! Move on to Engagement Land.
- K-Factor might dip as early cohorts stop inviting people, but if it dips below 0.5, go back to 5 spaces.
- Closely monitor your Level Ups, Achievements, and Wall Posts. If these are low, figure out why before advancing.
- DAU/MAU ("true" MAU, excluding impact from recent ad campaigns) should be around 10-15%. If so, move forward 3 spaces.
- Track your users' progress. Where do they get stuck? When do they stop coming back? Fix these issues before going on.
- What are the best levels to promote viral outreach? What is your K-Factor by message type? What are your most viral gift items?
- Before advancing, study your most popular virtual goods, purchaser demographics, common payment types, etc.
- What is your customer service strategy? If you have one, advance 1 space. If not, fix this immediately.
- Time to start paying serious attention to your ARPPU. If it's above 53, move forward 2 spaces.
- What's your % of paying users? 3% or higher? Move on. Under 2%? Go back 4 spaces.
- What are your "whales"? What do they like or dislike? How can you get more of them?
Great job! now go build another players get bored of this one.